The Hotel Genziana is the ideal place to spend a holiday enjoying winter sports in the Val Gardena. Thanks to its privileged position, you'll enjoy unlimited access to the greatest ski slopes in the Dolomiti Superski skiing area. You'll experience winter sports like you never had before, and you'll also have the rare opportunity to be a spectator at exciting ski races such as the World Cup Ski Championship and the Gardenissima. It's a dream come true, for all tastes and at all levels!
- Skiing and snowboarding: Experience the excitement of the first snowfall and the thrill you feel as you tackle the legendary Saslong slope, where World Cup Ski Championship races are held. Discover the wonderful slopes in the Dolomiti Superski Area, in the Val Gardena, and on the Alpe di Siusi. Marvel at the majestic scenery that surrounds the Sella Ronda ski route. The 745 miles of slopes in this wonderful Unesco Humanity Heritage Site are just waiting for you!
- Snowshoeing through the woods: Walk through snow-covered woods on snowshoes, while hearing only the sound of water rushing down streams that run through the snow. Restore your well-being and the perfect balance between body, mind and nature. We're at your disposal with our snowshoe rental service, so you can try our weekly guided hike on snowshoes. You'll have an unforgettable experience!
- Cross-country skiing: the Dolomites Nordicski, Europe's largest cross-country carousel, will welcome you with its more than 800 miles of trails, of which over 85 miles are in the Val Gardena. And the Hotel Genziana in Ortisei is here, right in the midst of this fantastic area. You'll have your pick of inviting trails stretching through the Alpe di Siusi, the Monte Pana plateau and the Vallunga valley.
- Toboggan: Enter your second childhood, have fun among friends or with the entire family…nothing gets your adrenalin going better than a downhill run on a toboggan…especially if the run is over 3 1/2 miles long! You can take off down the snow, on a long course that winds through snow-covered woods on Mount Resciesa overlooking Ortisei, only a short hop from the Hotel Genziana. Or you can try out one of the 5 toboggan trails on the Alpe di Siusi, which can be reached easily with the cable car from Ortisei.
- Ice skating rink: The Val Gardena is the cradle of many internationally famous champions of winter sports, such as great ice skater Carolina Kostner, who hails from Ortisei itself. To experience the excitement of this magical sport, or to attend ice hockey games, you're welcome to be our guests at the Selva ice palace in the Val Gardena and at the Ortisei and Santa Cristina skating rinks. Have fun!
- Rides on a horse-drawn sleigh: What says "Christmas" and what is more traditional and romantic than a ride on a sleigh drawn by horses through the incredible winter scenery in the Dolomites of South Tyrol? You can enjoy this unique experience on the Alpe di Siusi, where be accompanied by the tinkling of little bells and come away with a memory that warms the hearts of young and old alike.