Thanks to the privileged location of the Hotel Genziana in Ortisei, you can give free rein to your passion for fitness training in a natural setting. Whether you wish to stay in shape by running, bicycling, tennis or swimming, or try extreme sports such as rock climbing and hang gliding, or spend adventurous hours with the family on an adventure trail, or simply want to relax with a good game of golf in the Dolomites, you can find everything right here!
- Excursions, hikes: You can take hikes on splendid mountain trails amidst farmsteads, pastures and woods or at high altitudes, and also go on thrilling excursions with or without a guide. You'll experience the full excitement of the fascinating Dolomites in the Val Gardena.
- Mountain biking: Dedicated sports enthusiasts can run the courses of the Hero - the great international cycling competition - or have a go at the four mountain passes in the Dolomites. On the other hand, people who just want to spend a few carefree hours pedalling with the family will find a host of forest paths and roads that are ideal for all tastes and for cyclists of all levels. A bicycle tour in the Val Gardena is an experience you don't want to miss!
- Jogging and running in the mountains: For people who love to run and stay in shape even on holiday, Ortisei and the Val Gardena offer a great number of footpaths on level ground that extend through areas of great natural beauty. Twisting right next to the Hotel Genziana is a splendid footpath whose first leg is dedicated to Luis Trenker. It connects the towns of Ortisei, Santa Cristina and Selva along the same route once taken by the train in the Val Gardena. It's just perfect for jogging! The more tenacious among us can test their stamina on trails that are ideal for running in the mountains.
- Climbing, rock climbing: Guests who wish to try their hand at fixed-aid climbing can enjoy great itineraries that can be tackled comfortably with the right equipment and proper experience. Twice a week, in cooperation with the historic Catores mountaineering school in the Val Gardena, both experts and beginners have the opportunity to experience the excitement of rock climbing on walls of different skill levels, accompanied by an Alpine guide. Alpine School Catores
- Adventure park: Only a short hop from the Hotel Genziana, near the Seceda cableway in Ortisei, you and your family can have fun at a high-rope adventure park that is exciting for young and old alike.
- Hang gliding: Flying so high that you graze the clouds, you'll be captivated with unique, incredible excitement as you travel in places where eagles reign. Tandem flying on hang gliders in the skies of the Val Gardena gives you a feeling you simply must experience to believe.
- Golf: In South Tyrol, you can choose from 7 golf courses - each different from the other in level of skill, location and panorama. At the Golfclub Castelrotto-Alpe in Siusi, 18 holes with challenging legs await you amidst splendid valleys, ponds, rivers and charming sunsets. The Golfclub Alta Badia is a 9-hole course for golfers at all levels. It's located at the foot of Sella and Sassongher mountains. Another 9-hole course, the Golfclub Carezza offers a great view of the Rosengarten group. At the friendly Golfclub Petersburg, you'll find an 18-hole course that's just waiting to be discovered. The Golfclub Lana (in Merano and its surroundings) with 9 holes features slopes and drops that are nice and gentle, for comfortable play on a relatively long course requiring precision and distance. Finally, thanks to the particularly mild micro-climate in the area, you can play any time of the year on the 18-hole course at the Golfclub Passirio-Merano.
Play golf in Seis: www.golfstvigilseis.it